Press release -
Teknikutbildarna becomes Trainor
8 months after the acquisition, Trainor's Swedish colleagues change their company name to Trainor. - A natural and correct development, says CEO Stian Martinsen.
The Norwegian-owned EdTech company thus brings together both Norwegian and Swedish operations under one brand. Trainor has, since 2020, had solid growth, both organically and from acquisitions.
- The last year we had 19 new hires, 13 in Norway and 6 in Sweden, and we now count almost 100 employees in total across Trainor Group, of which around 60 are based at the head office in Tønsberg, says Martinsen.
High sales numbers
Trainor has done well through the pandemic and has experienced several sales records in the last two years.
- Not unexpectedly, sales of digital courses have skyrocketed as traditional classroom teaching has been limited because of the Covid restrictions, Martinsen says.
Although the traditional training course business is well underway again, digital sales remain high.
- Many customers are thrilled by the quality of our digital course portfolio, and experience significant savings on travel costs. In addition, we notice that the spotlight on sustainability is increasing, and cutting back on unnecessary travel is beneficial when they can receive high-quality professional training without traveling to a course location, he says.
Raising the bar in Sweden
With the name change in Sweden, there is also a significant promise to the Swedish market:
- We roll out our recognized e-learning courses and our user-friendly digital course portal in Sweden. This means that Swedish customers can now buy courses, specially adapted to Swedish regulations and industry standards, directly on trainor.se, says Stian Martinsen.
Trainor, with owners EV Private Equity, has ambitious growth targets for the coming years.
- The goal is to expand further, both in Scandinavia and in Europe more generally. Scandinavian safety standards are leading in a global context, and with our courses we contribute to saving lives and protecting values by increasing knowledge, competence, and awareness about electrical safety, concludes Stian Martinsen.
Trainor is an internationally recognized EdTech company setting new standards for safety training. We provide training services, digital solutions and technical consultancy services to offshore, maritime and land-based industries worldwide.